EE is now the first UK network to offer a Dual SIM on a single device. On all the latest iPhone devices, customers can have one physical SIM and one eSIM, which allows them to use a personal number and a business number on one phone. It is the perfect solution for people who are fed up of having to carry round two phones. With a single supplier for both lines and your data allowance automatically shared across both numbers, this new innovation from EE is set to make life much easier for lots of people.
How does it work?
EE’s eSIM means that you can use a physical SIM and a virtual SIM to use two numbers on one phone, namely an iPhone with dual SIM capability.
The first SIM is physically located in the phone as normal, while a second number is added to the device by scanning a QR code to install the eSIM profile on the phone.
Once this is set up, you will be able to switch between using the two different lines – it is clearly indicated which line you are using when calling or messaging.
- SME Shared SIM Plan
- £7.50 extra a month
- Unlimited minutes and texts on both lines
- Shared data allowance across both numbers (if physical SIM is on EE)
- 12 month initial plan, after that 30 day rolling
- Currently available on: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR
- Available via EE Partners
- No longer have to carry two phones. With this plan, small business owners don’t have the hassle of carrying round two separate phones for work and personal life. No longer have to manage two separate contracts. Cut down the admin by having just one phone contract from one provider for both business and personal. You can keep your work and personal numbers separate without having to think about two contracts and two sets of bills.
- Switch off when you’re off the clock. To keep that work-life balance and be able to enjoy free time without getting work calls, you can set up a divert on your business line for when you’re not working.
- Share data across both numbers. Switching between the two numbers is incredibly easy and you don’t need to worry about minutes or data. If both SIMs are EE, on the £7.50 tariff both numbers give you unlimited minutes, and your data allowance can be accessed from both numbers, so you don’t have to worry about which line you’re on when you’re surfing the web.
- Add an EE eSIM if you’re stuck in an old contract. If you are in a contract with another network but want to benefit from EE’s great coverage, you can add an eSIM to your dual SIM-supportive device and take advantage of a second line (providing your phone is unlocked).
As an EE partner, A1 Comms is pleased to offer this fantastic new plan from EE. Please get in touch with us to discuss your eligibility and set up your new EE dual SIM plan!